Finding Regional Alignment
April 3 – 5, 2024 | Indianapolis
Join us for the region’s premiere climate event!
The Midwest Climate Summit is a three-day gathering of climate leaders, researchers, and professionals focused on expanding knowledge, accelerating climate action, and catalyzing new partnerships for an equitable Midwestern response to the climate crisis. It is the premiere event in the region for those responding to the climate crisis in the Midwest. For a review of last year’s event, click here.
What to expect
The Summit is a two-and-a-half day event to connect, learn, and collaborate with others to equitably reduce emissions, build resiliency, and prepare our communities for climate change.
We are excited to announce that Leah Thomas, founder of Intersectional Environmentalist, will be our opening keynote speaker. Leah Thomas is a celebrated environmentalist, founder of the non-profit, Intersectional Environmentalist, and author of The Intersectional Environmentalist: How to Dismantle Systems of Oppression to Protect People + Planet. She has been recognized for her work in outlets like Harper’s Bazaar, W Magazine, CNN, ABC News, and NBC, among others, and has been honored on lists including EBONY Power 100, TIME100 Next, and INSIDER’s Climate Action 30. Read more here.
Who should attend
The Midwest Climate Summit is hosted by the Midwest Climate Collaborative, a multi-sector network spanning 12 states working for a carbon neutral, climate resilient, interconnected Midwest region. This event prioritizes multi-disciplinary approaches that connect leaders across sectors and communities for greater collective action on climate.
- Researchers and educators in k-12 schools, higher education, and community and informal education settings
- Local government officials, including elected officials and those working in sustainability, building codes, forestry, public health, utilities, and any department responding to climate change
- Leaders in the nonprofit sector working on climate mitigation, adaptation, and justice
- Business and utility leaders working to decarbonize and build resiliency
- College students looking to connect with potential employers, other students, organizations, and potential research partners
Sponsor the Summit
Reach an engaged, committed audience and support a critical gathering of climate leaders. To inquire about providing sponsorships please contact Heather Navarro.
The Midwest Climate Collaborative is a cross-sector collaboration responding to the climate crisis through the acceleration of climate action, knowledge generation, and leader development.