The Midwest Climate Collaborative envisions a carbon neutral, climate resilient, interconnected Midwest region.
To facilitate the development of a coherent Midwestern response to the climate crisis through acceleration of climate action, knowledge generation, and leader development led by a cross-sector collaboration of key organizations throughout the Midwest.
Director – Heather B. Navarro
Post-doctoral student – Abigaial Aderonmu
Program/Operations Manager – Kevin Hahn
High Level Goals
Accelerate Climate Solutions
Shape Public Understanding and Policy
Leverage the Power of Science & Research
Develop Climate Leaders
Develop an Effective Collaborative
The vision, mission, and goals for the collaborative were shaped by meaningful interaction of over 20 major Midwest institutions and organizations through extensive engagement beginning in March 2020 and progressing through the Fall 2020 Midwest Climate Summit Think Tank Series. Following the Think Tank Series, the partners held a series of reflection and strategy meetings to craft objectives and strategies for the Midwest Climate Collaborative, which launched on January 28, 2022.
Current Primary Projects
Annual Overarching Structure
- Midwest-wide Climate Research Agenda
- Asset Map and Interactive Database of Midwestern Climate Work
- Climate Ambassadors Program
- Educator Community of Practice
- Student-focused Midwest Climate and Sustainability Conference
- Climate Commitments
- Annual In-Person Network Meeting Alongside Annual Midwest Climate Summit with Rotating Location
- Topical and Regional Interest Working Groups/Pop-up Events
- Monthly/Quarterly Virtual Relationship Building Meetings
- Regularly Scheduled Steering Committee Meetings